Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend in Review & Start of the Week

The weekend was full of many activities, on Friday night we had a home football, and whenever there is a home football game, the band marches during half time. So, off to the football game went Darryl (to march), Russell and Rachel (to help in the Pit by bringing out the equipment). Isaac and I stayed home and watched TV together. I am not functioning or moving well since I am still waiting to see the neurosurgeon about my back (that appointment is scheduled for 9/25). Then Saturday all 3 were off again, this time for our first competition.

The competition went fairly well, according to Russell and Rachel this was the best they had performed the show, we are doing Wicked. We took 1st in our division, but before everyone gets too excited, that was because we were the only 1A band to perform, the other 1A band dropped out. So, by 6:00 Russell and Rachel had returned home since we did not make finals.

We had to still get Rachel's friend, who was spending the night as everyone (but me) was going on a family event that had been planned for months and months. So Sunday was spent with my trying to rest and forget about the pain I feel pretty much any time I move.

But on top of the back pain on Friday my face started getting a bit swollen, nothing I thought to worry about, by Saturday is was pretty much the same, but on Sunday the whole right side of my face was swollen (I looked like a Chinese Wrinkle dog). I insisted that everyone go on and that I would be fine.

So, today meant a trip to the doctor to figure out what this stuff is on my face, was it an allergic reaction to the pain medication? If so, that would mean that I was now allergic to pain meds. Well, at least that was not it, and I could stay on my medication for my back pain. But what it meant was an urgent trip to the ENT doctor in Louisville and possible hospital admission. Thank goodness for Dr. Morris. I have an abscess that will have to be drained on Wednesday morning on an outpatient basis. I go back in the morning to see him to see if the new antibiotic and the antibiotic injection that I had to get at the ER tonight are working. I'm truly hoping for a miracle, that I will wake up in the morning and the swelling and everything will be gone (so Mary Poppins of me - but pretty unlikely). So now not only do I have pain in my back but I have major pain in my face which makes it hard to swallow and causes my ear to ache......please pray that the face pain goes away and the surgery on Wednesday is successful. I have to get rid of this infection before they will even think about doing something to my back. Thank goodness I have 2 weeks before I see the surgeon. I am glad now they could not move up my appointment.

Wednesday, Rachel tries out for the Middle School Chorus and I believe that sometime this week Darryl has try-outs for the play. He picked up his monologue last week and does a reading this week, getting information from a 14 year old can be challenging at best.

Well, I'm starting to hurt from sitting in this chair, so that is a sign that it is time for me to sign off....I'll try and post something on Wednesday night to let everyone know how I'm doing.

Have a great week!!!

P.S. There is a silver lining in all this, by the time I have the surgery on Wednesday, we will have met our high deductible for the year, so all other services through the end of June 2008 will be covered by insurance at 100%.....on that is something to smile about!!!! :)

1 comment:

Les said...

At least you can still find the positive! I can so hear you telling people to go on while your face swells up! Some things never change. Love to you all!