Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Update

Good Evening All,

As I sit and write this I am on the mend, so we hope! I saw the ENT today and he removed the drain and said it will be a good week before I see any signs of healing. It is still infected and hopefully as the infection leaves my face, the wound will begin healing from the inside out. I am feeling a bit better about it, as the scar while deep, doesn't appear to be quite as big as we originally thought.

Tonight at dinner Rachel had the honor of saying the prayer and asked God to keep reminding me that I will still be beautiful no matter what! That is my girl.

Darryl tried out for the school play, and earned an understudy part. Of course, right now I'm not the worlds greatest Mom, so I couldn't even begin to tell you what the name of the play is or the part he has. He has been dropped off for the football game, so they can march at half-time. This is absolutely killing me!!!!!!!! I never miss a performance and thus far I haven't seen one. He competes tomorrow in Louisville, and hopefully I will get to to go, we have resorted to renting a wheelchair so that I can at least get out and do somethings until the Neurosurgeon appointment on the 25th. I am so looking forwarded to going to the competition. It is in Louisville and the weather is suppose to be pleasant. I will try to get some good pictures to post tomorrow night (most likely will happen on Sunday).

Rachel brought home her mid-term today, I must say we couldn't be more proud of her. Considering she is in advanced placement math and most of her other classes she has been placed in the higher levels here is her grade breakdown;

Science – 98.60%; A
Social Studies – 99.65%; A
Band – 100% - A
Exploratory – 98.37%; A
English – 99.30%; A
Reading – 99.25%; A
Math – 97.00%; A

We are so very proud of her! This is what she told us tonight, that her goal this year is to have 100% in each class. We however, keep telling her that A’s and B’s are a good thing. She is not happy with her math grade, I see absolutely nothing wrong with her mid-term and spent most of tonight, as did Russell saying that she doesn't have to be perfect, her grades are awesome.

Isaac on the other hand, has his good days at school and bad. Some days he acts like he doesn't care and then there are days that he is very much into doing the reading. It is the having to sit still and listen that is going to get him in the end.

Rachel and Isaac are with their dad this weekend, so it will seem very empty and quite around the house. We miss them when they are gone, but always hope that they have a great time with their dad!

Well, my back is telling me that after the car ride to Louisville today, working at my desk all day today, and if I want to go to the competition tomorrow, I need to get some rest, so I will sign off for now.

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the weather!!!

1 comment:

Les said...

Praying for your healing! Tell Rachel that I said not to be so hard on herself! She is doing an excellent job and perfection is not needed. We learn more by not being perfect. As for you, don't be so hard on yourself either! Being hurt doesn't mean you're a bad mom since you've missed the performances. I need to come smack you around some. I love you all!