Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tina's Surgery Update

Just a quick note to let you all know that I came through surgery just fine.........in the last 3 days we have made 3 trips to Louisville to see the ENT doctor and have surgery. Tomorrow we get to make it 4 trips in 4 days and hope to get a few days break.

I'm not sure what it will look like when the bandage comes off, but right now I have huge white looking growth of gauze and a white neoprene bandage which is hiding the draining apparatus and the ugliness.

The good news (see I can always try and find something positive) is I didn't get sick from the anesthesia and some the pain medication I received after surgery for my face pain has helped make some of the back pain more tolerable, and something even more joyous - the nurse today got my IV on the first try. For those of you that don't know I have horrible veins (thanks Mom and Dad). I have learned over the years that I have this little mole on my left arm right on the inside of my elbow. My nurse and I decided today that while God might not of given great veins he at least gave me a landmark. She was so funny and said that may we just might start a praise celebration on pre-op! Thank you God for the landmark - as long as they take my word for it.

I will keep you all updated as I know something. Thanks for all the prayers - right now I need all the help I can get.

The kids are doing great and having a great week despite the drama I have thrown in.


No comments: