Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas



So much has happened at the Spencer/Schwarz home since my last post. We have been busy preparing for Christmas (as we are sure that everyone else has been too). All the candy has been made; english toffee, bon-bons, chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, chocolate peanut butter fudge, toffee bars, peanut butter blossoms, peanut clusters, white chocolate party mix, Chex mix, seasoned oyster crackers, and lastly Russian tea cakes. It was a lot of fun making all the goodies this year.

I am so greatful to God for being so selfless that he sent his son to earth to give us hope. While the holiday comes with mixed emotions and really missing family members who have passed this year, I know that they are having the best Christmas ever as they get to spend it with Jesus!

Just wanted to send you all a Merry Christmas wish as we are getting ready to start the process of getting ready for church. Once we return from church the children will get to unwrap one present. It is the present that Russell purchased and wrapped without my being involved. This is a really neat tradition that we are starting this year. Growing up we always go to unwrap one present too, and it was always from Daddy. Daddy was always on the road (he was a truck driver) and he would purchase something special for my sister and I. Those were always extra special to me, so we are hoping to pass that tradition on to our children.

Tomorrow will be very busy as we prepare for Russell's family to come and spend Christmas afternoon with us and have dinner. Russell and I love having his family are excited about being able to cook together in the kitchen.

We wish all our family could be with us tomorrow, but know that you will be with us in spirit.

So, for now I must leave you and I'll try and post shortly after Christmas.

With much love!
Tina

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM RUSSELL - TINA - DARRYL - RACHEL - ISAAC

No comments: