Saturday, August 30, 2008

The "Zooy" Schedule has begun.........

I know it has been a while since I last updated. We have been getting back into the routine of school, or so I think.

There are lunches to pack, homework to be done, scout meetings to attend, children to be picked up from activities, and the list goes on......................

Just so you can have an idea of how hectic life can get, although I must admit for once I am not whining or complaining! This time last year I was pretty much bound to not much movement and horrific pain if I even tried to do something. It is with great energy and enthusiasm that I am thankful for the blessing of being healed! Okay, now I am back from my tangent, here is how our week sort of goes.............
  • Monday's is Chorus after school (Rachel) and cub scouts (Mom and Isaac event);
  • Tuesday's is marching band (Darryl, was Rachel too but due to basketball, she won't be able to do marching band), soon to be filled with basketball games (Rachel)
  • Wednesday's we have youth group for all 3 children. This year I will be leading the elementary school youth group, and leading the Middle School group as well
  • Thursday's will be a repeat of Tuesday with the addition of Boy Scouts (Darryl & Russell)
  • Friday's is marching band and of course home football games.
  • Somewhere in here there will be flag football for Isaac - we just don't have a schedule yet and there will be Beta meetings for Rachel, Darryl is doing Drama Club, and Rachel is doing Science Club

That's just the week, and weekends are much more relaxing either there is either a band fundraisers to be worked, youth group fundraisers to be worked and baked for or the Annual Apple Festival that is must do.........it is a lot of fun and it is a great little community event! If you are looking for something fun to do, come on by Bedford the 2nd weekend of September and enjoy some down home hospitality!

Now back to youth group, I felt compelled to help out and try to make a difference with the youth. Somehow being so very sick this past year and going through what I did, I felt God gave me a 2nd chance for a reason and that this is an opportunity for me to do something to give back a little of what he has given me. Our youth group is a major outreach program for our little church. I am excited about the opportunity, now I just have to come up with a curriculum that will keep them engaged and help them learn. I am really wanting to go back to the basics with them, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am not very crafty and so easy craft suggestions would be very welcomed!!

This week had an extra twist in it......Isaac started complaining of his ear hurting and that resulted in a trip to the doctor with a diagnosis of an ear infection (what is an ear infection????? We hadn't had one since he was 6 months old). He missed Wednesday and Thursday from school, which resulted in a "ton" of homework. I know a "ton" is a slight exaggeration, however to a 2nd grader anything more than 2 papers to do after dinner is too much! Along with reading and spelling words. So we will be spending a good chunk of the 3 day weekend trying to get all the classwork done. We managed to get the homework done, as they send the next weeks homework home on Friday's!

On a job related note, I start a new position on Tuesday. Of course, I will still be with Humana but I have moved to the Corporate building and will be working in the underwriting department as a consultant. I am really excited about this opportunity and looking forward to helping with processes and whatever else they need me to do. It was a bit sad to leave my old department, as that position was the very reason I chose to leave my comfort zone of Cincinnati to move to Louisville. Plus when I arrived in the department it chaos and no real set performance standards, reporting or accountability. We made major strides in the last 3 1/2 years. They all had become like my family away from home!

Well, I will close for now and promise to try not to stay away for as long! I hope everyone enjoys the 3 day weekend!

Tina

No comments: