Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're Almost Gone..............

Good Evening -

Just a quick update, we are almost all ready to leave on vacation. All children are packed and their luggage is in the car! They are all in bed and excited about getting up early (well, maybe not excited) and getting on the road. Of course, what am I doing - laundry! Why do I leave it to the last minute???

I also discovered that when I was washing my favorite pair of shorts and capris that there was sewing to be done!! I so cannot sew, much my Aunt's dismay! My Aunt Sharon is a wonderful seamstress! Tonight I called her about something else, and then brought up my needing to sew on a button and how do I get the stitch witchery to stick to my pants? I can never get a button to stay on, but now I know the secret. You start sewing on the button, but you use sew over a toothpick. When you are done, you pull it out and bring the needle back up, but not through the button and wrap it around the thread under the button, but it back down through the fabric and knot it off! THANKS AUNT SHARON - now if only the dryer would get done, I could be almost packed! I've decided to go without the capris - I'm not up to the challenge of getting the hem to stick again! I already fixed it this morning for work - it will just have to wait until I get back home from vacation!

Well - I'm off to get laundry from the dryer and finish my packing! Russell is on his own for packing except for my making sure that he has his wallet this time!

I'll check back in when we return!

Tina

No comments: