Sunday, July 6, 2008

Latest Happenings...........

Just wanted to let you all know that we have not fallen off the face of the earth. We are just crazy busy.


Darryl spent last week in Washington, D.C. with his Aunt Brenda, Aunt Pat, and Cousin Joseph. They were visiting Pat's son, Bryan. Darryl went to see all the great sites that Washington has to offer and had a really good time. Of course, we all missed him (even his sister) terribly. We went to Northern Kentucky last night to pick him up, only to have to get him repacked and ready for Boy Scout Camp. His little brother has been lost without him and it is going to be another long week.


We have managed to get a load of laundry done to get him repacked, dressed and hygiene taken care, uniform shirt ironed, breakfast done, and the dishwasher is running. It has already been a hectic morning. I am praying that nothing gets broken or he doesn't get hurt while at camp.


I hope that you all had a very enjoyable 4th of July! We spent it at home with Laura, Christopher, Laura's Nephew and his friend. It was a really good time, even though the pool was way too cold to swim in. It seemed a bit odd, without our oldest son here, I have decided that I do not like having holidays without our children. I'm not sure what I am going to do when they go off to college and/or grow up and have families of their own. I'm just thankful that time is a long way off.


This week is a mixed emotion week for me. We leave to go to Iowa on Friday for my Daddy's sale. I don't want to be at the auction to watch my childhood be sold for cents on a dollar and things that hold so many memories that I could not bring home. Thank God for the wonderful memories and that no one can take those away. I would really rather not go, however because I am the Executrix, and if the house and vehicles sell, I will need to sign paperwork. Please pray that all goes well and we have a good turnout. I really only care that we make enough from the auction to pay off the debts that were left behind, so I can work on closing this chapter. Not that grief is done in a systematic or logical way, which is very hard for me. All things should have logic and be systematic! I just remind myself that God is in charge of this process and that he will see me through.


On a happier note, I am very excited to report that I am finally feeling a whole lot like the old me, and taken another 3 lbs. off, so that is a total of 78 lbs. lost! This is the first week that I have not taken Alleve at night and only taking 2 in the morning and the best part of all not having to lay back down after having a shower because the pain is so great. THANK GOD FOR WONDERFUL RECOVERIES!!!


I would like to congratulate our niece, Shelly and Brian were married yesterday in Moline, Illinois. We were sad that we couldn't be there to celebrate their special day, but with having to make another trip to Iowa and the price of gas, we just couldn't squeeze it in our budget. CONGRATULATION'S SHELLY & BRIAN - WE WISH YOU THE BEST!!!


This last note of gratitude goes to all the MEN and WOMEN who defend or has defened our country so that we can celebrate the 4th of July and live in a land of freedom! THANK YOU SOLDIERS (Active & Retired) for all that you have done for this great country!! I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.....(Lee Greenwood's song about being proud to be an American comes to mind. Now I will have it singing through my head.)


Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day!

Tina

No comments: