Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WERE BACK!!!

Hello,

Wanted to let you all know that we have returned from our Iowa trip. It was a good trip, difficult at times, but it sure helped the healing processes. Here is what I was able to come to terms with..... I had asked a week ago Sunday for prayers while we were gone and I could really feel God’s presence as I went through material things. I have come to grips with that the house is just a house, the people/person that made it a home don’t live there anymore (they are in a much greater place now), and the stuff is just stuff – no one can take our memories away and I don't need the stuff to remember. I also have decided that for whatever reason God felt that I shouldn’t be there with either when my Daddy died or for his funeral. I have had to just turn it over to him and understand that our heavenly Father is no different than our earthly parents (when we are younger), in that he ultimately decides what is right for us and we should not question his authority.

I am feeling more like the old me and the positive outlook on life has come back. I also returned to work today and the day went really well. I had been gone so long that it almost felt like I was starting a new job.

I would be amiss if I didn't thank our dear friends (actually they are pretty much like family) Mike and Robbie for opening their home up to our family of 5 for the weekend. I also got to see my sister, Toni. We also go to see my Aunt Sharon, Uncle Jim and cousin Macayla, whom we hadn't seen for several years. Thanks Aunt Sharon for hemming my lined pants, mending 2 pairs of pants and hemming Rachel's lined dress - you did an AWESOME job! I wish I had an ounce of your sewing ability, but unfortunately I didn't inherit that ability.

Above (in a new post I couldn't figure out how to get in this post). Here are some pictures that I took while we were stopped on our return to Kentucky. We were in Illinois at a rest area and they had a neat playground, the covered bridge and a hike to a tower on the hillside. I didn't make the hike, but I was able to do a pretty good amount of the driving.

Russell and I will be returning to Iowa for the auction on July 12th, we don't plan on being there for the entire sale, as I'm not sure I could handle seeing other people carrying away our family stuff (but remember, it is just stuff)!

Love to all from our Family!

No comments: