Friday, May 16, 2008

Hello from Kentucky

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update and I promise on Sunday that I will try and get some updated pictures posted! I went to the Neurosurgeon on Monday and had an MRI and received a clean bill of health!!! PRAISE THE LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS! I am still having a bit of hip and leg pain, but that is to be expected since the nerve was so severely pinched. The doctor said that within the next couple of weeks and by continuing to push myself to do more, it should get better. I am returning to work on the 28th.

Tomorrow, Darryl, Russell and Isaac will be going to Eastern Kentucky University for Darryl to play his state solo piece. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments. He has also decided to try out for field commander for marching band this year. Rachel and her friend Brittney are baking for our Band Fish Fry tomorrow. So far they have made 3 batches of brownies, a strawberry cake, a confetti cake (reminds me of when my Granny would make me the confetti angel food cake for my birthday), and a marble bundt cake. We have 2 more cakes to go!

I am making dinner tonight as Russell and Isaac are having a night out. They went out for dinner and are seeing Speed Racer at this very moment! Isaac didn't know where they were going, but that they were taking a "road trip". He will come home one very happy little boy. Unfortunately being 7 with a 15 yr. old and an almost 13 yr. old in the house there is not much that is about him, so this was the perfect opportunity.

We will be leaving on Friday the 23rd for Iowa; this is going to be one hard trip. I know why I am going and while I have to be an adult, I want to be a child and say please, I really don't want to go. This is going to be so hard, and leaving will be even harder as I will be saying good-bye to lots of memories and "stuff" that I just can't keep that was such an important part of my life. Plus I have to really face the truth that my daddy is really gone and that this is just not a bad dream. I ask for your prayers for our entire family for the next week and half as I am already very emotional just thinking about why we are going back.

Well, for someone who said this would be short, I guess once again my fingers just kept on moving and the words were flowing, not elegantly, but none the less were flowing.

Until Later......Love,
Tina

No comments: