Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Latest Happenings

Hello All,

First of all, I know.........I still owe you pictures. I promise I am truly working on it! I think I have slightly over-extended myself (for some of you I know you are so not shocked)! We had an awesome week, busy but awesome.

Things are chugging along at the Spencer/Schwarz house and it appears that fall may have finally arrived. I love not having either air conditioning or heat on - this has to be my favorite time of year.

Last week, we did have a bit of drama. Darryl has been having an issue with his toe and he ended up having to have a portion of his toenail removed. The interesting thing was, that for whatever reason the nurse did not not help the doctor, and Russell became the "assistant". The other exciting thing that took place during the visit was that Darryl passed out - I think this spooked the dad bit, but he was okay. It is looking better, so I think he is on the mend!

This is report card week, two of the three have arrived home. For those wondering, Rachel's was awesome, she is being very challenged in pre-algebra and having a bit of a time achieving that almighty "A", with that being said, with the exception of math the entire report card was A's. Isaac's report card continues to surprise us, things that were good grades at mid-term had slipped a couple of grades, spelling! He could use some work on reading directions and tends to not want to finish his class work, which results in a mediocre grade. All in we are very pleased with his progress, after all we know he is not driven like Rachel, nor do we expect him to be like her. The only report card left to arrive is Darryl's, we are being told it will be good, but unfortunately after several years of hearing this, we just can't buy in until we have the report card in hand. Cross your fingers with us that it will be good! At mid-term we already had 12 missed assignments and lost computer privileges for 12 days. I'll have to give you an update on Thursday, in the meantime pray and cross those fingers.

I have one quick request tonight as I write this, please pray that I can work through some things concerning my daddy. I don't know if it is the weather change, getting kids school pictures or what, but the last couple of weeks have been extremely hard. I am missing him so much and just want to hear him say he loves me one last time!

Well, it has been a long day, I just got home at 8:45, left work and went straight to the football field, as Isaac had a game and then worked my concession stand duty for the season.

Have a great evening/morning (depending on when you read this)!

Sending you all love from Kentucky!

P.S. I forgot to remind you all that UK Basketball is just around the corner - GO UK!!!

No comments: