Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Wonderful Family Weekend

As promised, here is an update about our weekend.........

Saturday was a hard working day to start off, we had a lot of clean-up that we needed to do around the house and yard. As a result, the boys worked on the storage shed and got it all cleaned up and organized, while Rachel and I worked on going through totes upon totes of books. We are donating them to a school library. If I knew how to get them to Texas without having to pay a fortune in shipping I would send them there, as there are books from the very early years to the tween years. We saved all the very special books and those that were given to the children by special people! Then Russell and I got cleaned up and went and did our weekly shopping. It is wonderful to have two children that are old enough to watch the younger one.........we have become very spoiled! Then we came home and did a family activity, we had a fire out back and roasted marshmallows and were lucky enough that one of the neighboring towns was having their Tobacco Festival (yest you read correctly, Tobacco Festival - tobacco growing is a major crop around where we live) and they had fireworks. We could see them from our back deck. It was so fun to watch them with Isaac. The other two really didn't care about them, but he is still my little boy and likes things like that. Here were a few common phrases..........."sweet"; "Mommy - did you see that one?"; "totally awesome"! What a wonderful memory! Then while he and I were watching those, Russell went in and got out his telescope that he received from Uncle Brad and Aunt Glenda for Christmas. Isaac didn't know he was going to get to look at stars and the moon - once he figured out what was going on, he was finished with the fireworks. He and Russell had a great time looking through the telescope, the only bad part was that the moon was bright it made it difficult to see the stars.

Today, Rachel and I went to Cincinnati to go shopping - I desperately needed to replace a few key pieces of my work wardrobe - it was getting bad when you put on your pants without having to unbutton or zip them! After 2 days this past week of getting dressed and having my husband say that it looks way too big and makes you look way bigger than you are, you know it time to clean out the closet (oh, which I did on Saturday). I managed to find that essential pair of black pants and a few new shirts (mostly to go with already existing suit jackets), and of course, what would be a shopping trip without a new pair of shoes. We spent time with Laura, as she went shopping with us. The boys stayed home and played their computer games and had a grand ole' time!

Well, I have a kitchen to clean up (the weekends I have KP duty - to give Russell a break), and a load of my work laundry to put in the dryer, and then it is off to snuggle with my husband and watch a movie!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: