Friday, January 18, 2008

Tina's Surgery Update

I know this one is long overdue and apologize, but it will also be a quick one.

Surgery went well on the Jan. 10th and required a 2 day hospital stay. On a positive note to date there has been no infection (for those that know me well they know this is a major accomplishment, as I am much like my grandmother and seem to get it with no trouble after surgery). The Neurosurgeon said it went really well he performed a discectomy so the L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs. I have about 10-12 staples in my back. I am allowed to sit for 10-15 minutes at a time only and am encouraged to walk. Since it has been so cold, my walking consists of walking around the house. I can't get comfortable in bed and slept on my stomach last night and so today I am not doing so well. I don't think I should have slept on my stomach. We go see the Neurosurgeon on Jan. 22nd and at that time he will remove the staples and let me know how much physical therapy I have to have, when I can drive (YEAH!!!!!) and when I will be going back to work (which I am ready to do, since today I found out my boss resigned and will be gone by the time I get back).

Well, this is all for now, please continue to pray that I heal and can get some good sleep........also, say a prayer for Russell and Darryl as they are at a Boy Scout camping/hiking trip and doing a Klondike tomorrow! I'm just glad it is them and not me!

Stay warm....................:)

Tina

1 comment:

Norma Gwen Watson said...

So glad the surgery went well. I have been wondering about you. Hope you continue to improve.